Tuesday, May 22, 2018

DC Solicits for August 2018

I'll have to check out at least one series.



CATWOMAN #2
written by JOELLE JONES
art and cover by JOELLE JONES
variant cover by STANLEY “ARTGERM” LAU
Gotham’s a toxic litter box for Selina Kyle of late, so she hits the road looking to clear the air, change her look and clear her name, too—there’s a copycat burglar swiping her M.O. who needs sorting out. In her hometown, Catwoman runs afoul of a crime boss who’s also hunting this impostor. Can the two declare a truce to hunt a mutual enemy, or will Selina end up just more roadkill?
ON SALE 08.01.18
$3.99 US | 32 PAGES
FC | RATED T+


I'm getting the first issue of this and JLO. I'll see if I continue based on how I feel about those issues. I'll have to comment on the new uniform when I get a better view of it. Neither picture I've seen shows it completely.



WONDER WOMAN #52
written by STEVE ORLANDO
art by ACO
cover by DAVID YARDIN
variant cover by JENNY FRISON
At the behest of Aztek, Diana and Artemis join her for a trip to Mexico, but there’s no sightseeing on the agenda. Instead, they must rescue a long-lost Amazon who’s being held captive by rogue deity Tezcatlipoca, who’s trying to break into our world. Can our three heroes save the missing Amazon, stop a raging god and not kill one another in the process?
ON SALE 08.08.18
$3.99 US | 32 PAGES
FC | RATED T


I don't recall if I read Orlando or not. It might be awesome with Artemis appearing since the last teammate they did was lackluster. I didn't realize there was a female Aztek but I guess that will be explained. As long as Artemis is in character and the story is good I should be happy.



RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #25
written by SCOTT LOBDELL
art by DEXTER SOY
cover by TREVOR HAIRSINE
variant cover by YASMINE PUTRI
Batman versus Red Hood for the right to fight in Gotham—grab your ringside seat for the battle 25 years in the making! Jason Todd broke a promise to his mentor, and must now confront an angry and betrayed Batman. That means a good time for readers, but probably not so much for Jason: it’s likely going to take more than the Outlaws’ help in order for the Red Hood to avoid wearing an orange jumper in prison.
ON SALE 08.08.18
$4.99 US | 48 PAGES
FC | RATED T+


I'm hoping Bruce isn't a jackass but the fact he wants to imprison Jason while he allows others to avoid it makes me think he will be harsh. I don't want Bizarro or Artemis involved in this battle. It's too personal. No mention of Jason killing per se leading me to believe he didn't.


RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS ANNUAL #2
written by SCOTT LOBDELL
art by CLAYTON HENRY
cover by KENNETH ROCAFORT
The boys are back—Red Hood and Arsenal, together again! Sort of. While Jason Todd is recovering after a brutal beatdown from the man who taught him everything he knows about brutal beatdowns, Roy Harper divides his time between being a nursemaid to his bestie and tracking down the source of tainted drugs that have killed thousands. It isn’t long before the two find themselves in Beijing battling the Sisters of Suzie Su! All this and…the inexplicable fate of Artemis and Bizarro!
ON SALE 08.29.18
$4.99 US | 48 PAGES
FC | RATED T+


Did Rocafort put them in the wrong uniforms on the cover? If Bruce really beats Jason up that bad be doesn't deserve to be forgiven. I'm not a fan of Suzie Su which make me unsure of the premise but it's good to see Roy back even if people are unfairly saying nasty things.




I'll be getting Wonder Woman twice this month for Artemis and the two RHATO books. I'm not sure about anything else. Batwoman and Hal Jordan are cancelled so are they getting rebooted? I don't know what's going on with with the Sanctuary series but I'm kind of hoping it's not happening after Boosters' treatment under King.

No comments:

Post a Comment