Tuesday, September 19, 2017

DC December 2017 Solicits

Some thoughts on the solicits.



ACTION COMICS #993
Written by DAN JURGENS
Art by BRETT BOOTH and JOE PRADO
Cover by DAN JURGENS and TREVOR SCOTT
Variant cover by NEIL EDWARDS and JAY LEISTEN
Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for details.
“BOOSTER SHOT” part one! As Superman struggles to cope with Mr. Oz’s true identity, the Man of Steel turns to the only “hero” he knows who can prove once and for all if Oz’s story is true: Booster Gold! But a massive power doesn’t want our heroes venturing through time, and will do anything it can to sabotage their journey!
On sale DECEMBER 13 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

ACTION COMICS #994
Written by DAN JURGENS
Art by BRETT BOOTH and JOE PRADO
Cover by DAN JURGENS and TREVOR SCOTT
Variant cover by NEIL EDWARDS and JAY LEISTEN
Retailers: These issues will ship with two covers each. Please see the order form for details.
“BOOSTER SHOT” part two! It’s the time-hopping team-up of Superman and Booster Gold—and on their quest to verify Mr. Oz’s identity, a mysterious force attempts to sabotage the journey! This time (pun!) our heroes wind up in the crosshairs of a deadly new villain—the time wraith responsible for their tumultuous journey!
On sale DECEMBER 27 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T



BOOSTER IS BACK !!!! I'm so happy that he returned, that Dan Jurgens is writing him and that the Flintstone crossover isn't the only time he's appeared this year! I had hoped something like this would appear and it really made my day! Then I noticed Jurgens only did the cover. Booth does the art. Disappointing but hey I wanted Booster back and I got my wish.




NIGHTWING #35
Written by SAM HUMPHRIES
Art by BERNARD CHANG
Cover by YASMINE PUTRI
Variant cover by CASEY JONES
“THE UNTOUCHABLE: HUNTERS!” Nightwing finally feels like he’s got his life in Blüdhaven under control. But the one thing he wasn’t expecting was for a case from his past in Gotham City to rear its head here—a murderer he never set eyes on, but whose unmistakable signature has arrived in his new city! How many people will die before he’s stopped this time? Or worse than that...what if Dick can’t stop him? Incoming creative team Sam Humphries and Bernard Chang kick off a story that will take Nightwing back to his days as Robin and force him to question his future as well!
On sale DECEMBER 20 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T



A new writer on Nightwing? I don't think I'm familiar with their work although I know Humphries previous work was the Jessica and Simon GL book. I might have to give this a try.



RED HOOD AND THE OUTLAWS #17
Written by SCOTT LOBDELL
Art by DEXTER SOY
Cover by MIKE McKONE
Variant cover by GUILLEM MARCH
.Includes a code for a free digital download of this issue.
“BIZARRO REBORN” part four! Meet the newest reluctant members of the Suicide Squad—Red Hood, Artemis and Bizarro! The Outlaws are forced to join Harley, Deadshot and the rest of the Squad for a mission to the Arctic. If the cold doesn’t kill them, and they don’t kill each other, what’s hiding in the wreckage of the Colony will definitely finish the job!
On sale DECEMBER 13 • 32 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T+



This upsets me for many reasons but if Killer Croc is there I have some hope of getting mentions of his friendship with Roy. I'm not interested in any of Tynion's plots bleeding over, the SS or Harley. The idea of Waller having control of the trio doesn't sit well with me. Still I'm glad no one else is doing this plot as there are few writers I trust to write the Outlaws.







Is Harley Quinn supposed to be an anti-hero? A villain? Because it sounds like she's acting like a straight up villain in Batgirl. Tynion gets a sequel to his Batman/TMNT sequel? Well at least IDW did a crossover with the animated versions. A time travel story about Superboy that's a crossover sounds interesting but I don't know if I can put up with Damian. Also there's no way the Super Sons should be able to beat the Titans.

Every time I see Troia I'm reminded of what Angle Man said about the meaning in Italian. Let's just say it's not something you'd think a superhero would want to use. I don't know if I'll keep up with Aquaman yet but it sounds like it'll still be great.

2 comments: