Monday, August 14, 2017

Short Review: Super Son #6

My last issue.

SPOILERS AHEAD

Damian acts like a brat and excludes Jon from the TT even though no one else would have minded if he came with them. Never mind that before they arrived Damian thought it was his duty to train Jon. Or the promise to not go on missions without each other they gave to their dads. The TT like me don't know why they allow Damian to lead them. So this horrible leadership continues for absolutely no reason in the comic universe it's self even under a different writer. Keep in mind this is after Kid Flash was kicked out and Gar asked Kori to take over.

The rest of the TT are taken down with embarrassing ease and Damian gets aged into an old man. Or just his head? He's still small with a gut. I don't really care at this point.

As usual the only saving grace is anything with the members of the Kent family. Damian is jerky for no reason and I can't find myself interested in the plot despite liking time based characters the Time Commander. Gleason, in my opinion, did a better more mature Damian. Gotham Academy also wrote a better Damian, in fact it had the only appearance by that character this year that I enjoyed. This is a very easy series to drop. I constantly want to like Damian but I'm sick of the constant backtracking. I adore Jon but this team up isn't working for me.


Say What?: "Super-Gilligan?" I'm not even sure what Beast Boy is trying to say here.

The Uniform/costume bit. I hate to see Jon being affected by Damian and not the other way around.

Questions Raised?: Jon gets to stay up that late? What about school?

Wait, so Jon went straight home and he's still a minute early?

No comments:

Post a Comment