Thursday, March 9, 2017

Short Review: Odyssey of the Amazons #2

Where the Amazons run into more trouble.

SLIGHT SPOILERS AHEAD

One of the things that like is how the second issue has a better grasp of the story and characters. The stakes are raised and for the most part the Amazons could die at any moment. I don't think there's a lot of historically correct information (like the Viking women not being warriors) and I'm not sure how they speak the same language if neither party are familiar with the other. Amazon values are used with attempts at peaceful solutions, how they fight and what their willing to risk for each other.

Has Amazon genetics been discussed before? I've seen Wonder Woman lore that has the children as mortals but it wasn't canon. There's also the Donna Troy stuff but given her origins I don't count it.

I do wonder when this series concludes if there will be more Amazons that we'll see stand out in the Wonder Woman books. There's a lot of untapped potential with the history and the Amazons themselves.

I'm still pretty invested in the story although I sort of feel like I should collect the rest and read it all together.


Questions Raised?: Can Amazons have children? In old canon only the Bana-Mighdall could because they were mortals. I haven't finished the stories Rucka is building up in his WW run but I thought that was still in place? Is it different for the new Amazons? They do make a big deal about those particular Amazons being the youngest.

No comments:

Post a Comment