Saturday, February 20, 2016

Things I'd like from the new titles

Some concerns I have.



Titans: I'd prefer Roy (and Kori for that matter) to be in RHATO. But if they had to be in this then don't act like their time with Jason didn't happen. At least have them on good terms. Roy has his history with Donna back so I'm not sure how that would affect the book. Would they hook up again? Are we going to go through Dick/Kori again? Will it be a love square? Honestly I'd be okay with nearly any pairing except Dick/Kori in this title. Keep Roys' skills with tech and ditch everything from the Starfire series.

Super Sons: There's plenty of theories ranging from a Kon and Jon (from Lois and Clark) to Chris Kent and Damian Wayne. I think I'd prefer the latter but I don't think Chris is around in current canon.

Teen Titans: Don't have Damian leading. I'd prefer to have Tim in TT anyway but I can't take Damian leading serious, not if he's leading older kids.

Blue Beetle: Please bring back the old version of Jaimes' life. I'd love to see Ted play a part too.

Batman Beyond: No more Tim Drake as Batman Beyond, bring back Terry.

Nightwing: No more over the top fanservice and the jerk-in-hero's-clothing crap from Robin War. Have Dick be social, actually giving a damn about people and a writer that can make him shine.

Red Hood and the Outlaws: Above everything else I want a writer that GETS Jason. He's not a stereotypical bad boy, an idiot or anything else DC writers having been writing him as lately. Please don't have anyone that wrote for Eternal. I'm also not sure about them being at odds with the law again because I was starting to get into the heroes-for-hire thing. As for the team I'd prefer Roy and/or Kori but next up would be Crux and Essence. I'm more worried about this title than the rest.



I'm not sure what's going on in a bunch of titles. I'd like the ladies of Gotham to have a home but I don't know if their in BABOP. There's a lot of wait-and-see for these titles.

4 comments:

  1. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Lobdell is allowed to go for the hat trick with Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to be prepared for the worst. Really I think the series needs a long term artist, maybe a co-writer depending on who it is and probably another well established hero/anti-hero.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it could be original Jaime and bring back Ted Kurd AND Booster Gold, I would think that I had died and gone to heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Geoff Johns video seemed to imply Ted was back in some form so I'm hoping so. Original Jaime too. I keep holding out hope for a new Booster Gold/Time Masters series. At this point it's getting frustrating.

    ReplyDelete