Thursday, February 18, 2016

A lot of Rebirth Information

So far I'm liking what I see.

Thoughts below.

Detective Comics and Action Comics will go back to their old numbering--which I'm pleased with. Even if I don't get those titles regularly I don't like long established series renumbering. The price is down to $2.99 on most titles including a 80-page DC Universe: Rebirth #1 on May 25. No creative teams announced so it's hard to get too hyped until I know all the details.

June:
Rebirth Specials:
  • AQUAMAN REBIRTH #1
  • BATMAN REBIRTH #1
  • THE FLASH REBIRTH #1
  • GREEN ARROW REBIRTH #1
  • GREEN LANTERNS REBIRTH #1
  • SUPERMAN REBIRTH #1
  • TITANS REBIRTH #1
  • WONDER WOMAN REBIRTH #1

King is supposed to be a big Batman writer now so I might be steering clear of Batman. Titans is rumored to be about the Titans Hunt group.



New #1 Issues (Shipping twice month):
  • AQUAMAN #1
  • BATMAN #1
  • THE FLASH #1
  • GREEN ARROW #1
  • GREEN LANTERNS #1
  • SUPERMAN #1
  • WONDER WOMAN #1

If I read these I'd trade wait. $2.99 or not it adds up fast. I've only got biweekly with JLGL.



July

Rebirth Specials:
  • BATGIRL & THE BIRDS OF PREY REBIRTH #1
  • HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS REBIRTH #1
  • THE HELLBLAZER REBIRTH #1
  • JUSTICE LEAGUE REBIRTH #1
  • NIGHTWING REBIRTH #1
  • RED HOOD & THE OUTLAWS REBIRTH #1

Not going to lie, this makes me excited even if I'm really worried about the creative teams. I don't even know who the Outlaws will be. IF I like the creative teams I might get three or four of these. I'm glad to see Nightwing again. My sister loves Constantine, which is kinda odd since she semi-reads comics. I'm guessing Hellblazer it's return to the more adult stories.



New #1 Issues (Shipping twice monthly):
  • HAL JORDAN & THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1
  • JUSTICE LEAGUE #1
  • NIGHTWING #1

Unless Nightwing has a creative team I like or a new one I'm willing to try I don't see myself getting this. BTW what's with "Hal Jordan" in front? Is he still a GL or do they just want people to know he's the star?


New #1 Issues (Shipping monthly):
  • BATGIRL #1
  • BATGIRL & THE BIRDS OF PREY #1
  • THE HELLBLAZER #1
  • RED HOOD & THE OUTLAWS #1
  • THE SUPER-MAN #1
  • TITANS #1

DC is really emphasizing the "Starring role and the team" titles.



Fall
Rebirth Specials:
  • BATMAN BEYOND REBIRTH #1
  • BLUE BEETLE REBIRTH #1
  • CYBORG REBIRTH #1
  • DEATHSTROKE REBIRTH #1
  • EARTH 2 REBIRTH #1
  • SUICIDE SQUAD REBIRTH #1
  • SUPERGIRL REBIRTH #1
  • TEEN TITANS REBIRTH #1
  • TRINITY REBIRTH #1


Since Geoff Johns talked about Legacy I'm thinking Blue Beetle will have to do with Jaime and Ted, at least the legacy. Just bring back Terry for Batman Beyond.

  • CYBORG #1
  • DEATHSTROKE #1
  • HARLEY QUINN #1
  • JUSTICE LEAGUE AMERICA #1
  • SUICIDE SQUAD #1

New #1 Issues (Shipping monthly):
  • BATMAN BEYOND #1
  • BLUE BEETLE #1
  • EARTH 2 #1
  • GOTHAM ACADEMY: NEXT SEMESTER #1
  • SUPERGIRL #1
  • SUPERWOMAN #1
  • SUPER SONS #1
  • TEEN TITANS #1
  • TRINITY #1


I noticed there's no Damian book although there are rumors he will be in TT. Which begs the question where's Tim? I doubt he'd stay on a team with Damian. There's no Booster Gold or Time Masters. Un less the bat ladies (Kate, Bette, Cassandra, Steph, etc.) are in BOP, Batman or some other team book their missing too.

2 comments:

  1. Other than RHATO (than I'm picking up no questions asked unless they put Tynion or King on it), I'm waiting to see the creative teams before deciding what books to get. I'm not a fan of neither King or Snyder's cohorts but since King is now a DC exclusive I can't help but think he will get a lot more of clout now.

    Excited about RHATO but I guess this all but confirms that Jason and Roy are going separate ways after five years of being a team.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one of the reasons I worry, I'm not a fan of either writers' work and dread what it can mean for the characters if they take over.

    Yeah, it sucks and I hope all Roys' development isn't forgotten like it was in Titans Hunt. It would be great if he still shows up time to time.

    ReplyDelete