Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Pre-ordering Online and Digital Comis

I've been far too into this for the last few months. It makes me feel a little guilty for not going to my LCS. I have gone to a store recently to buy a couple issues of Robin SOB because I had a coupon but other than that I can't remember when I last went to a comic store. Maybe Free Comic Day? It's just so convenient to buy comics digitially to read seconds after purchase or pre-ordering issues online at a reduced price.

The store I go to is nice but it's also out of the way. Sometimes their out of something I want or the shipment is late. During DC villains' month the special covers were the only ones that came in and they were selling them at $12 and up despite them barely being marked up online (I think it was $3.99.) It's a pleasant enough atmosphere but I rarely have time to take it all in and explore everything. I have left a spot for me to visit them but it won't be until November.

But then again maybe I shouldn't feel too bad about not supporting them as much as I used to since my pull list has always been pretty. Most of their regulars have stacks so big they have tabs.

No comments:

Post a Comment