Tuesday, June 17, 2014

So I'm giving Marvel a try

Although I'm limiting what's on my pull list because I don't want to get sucked into other books. I bought Christopher Yosts' Scarlet Spider trades which I might review at some point but I mostly love what he did with Kaine. Since he's writing New Warriors with Scarlet Spider in the cast I got all those issues and plan on having it in my pull list. Much like Scarlet Spider it's a very unrated book that's getting overlooked and needs more support to survive. I'm really looking forward to this newly solicited issue:


NEW WARRIORS #9
CHRISTOPHER YOST (W) • MARCUS TO (A)
CoverS by TAKESHI MIYAZAWA
• It’s the anti-buddy movie as odd couple JUSTICE and SCARLET SPIDER hit the road together, heading for HOUSTON, TEXAS.
• Scarlet Spider never wanted to be on a team, with… people. And this issue, he shocks no one by QUITTING!
•Can Justice convince him to stay? No! Can they dude-bond by fighting a hundred foot tall guy in a bear suit? Probably not!

2 comments:

  1. Marvel has been coming out with some interesting books lately. I've been avoiding all the X-Men/Avengers stuff, but the second tier books have been pretty darned good!

    I just wish that Hawkeye would come out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For now it's just any book that has Scarlet Spider for me. I used to love X-Men books but they changed so much since I left them that it feels pointless to bother. I just have no interest in 99.9% for the stuff being published.

    ReplyDelete