Friday, January 24, 2014

Short Reviews: Forever Evil #4 and Scribblenauts #1

Forever Evil #5 is apparently delayed until next month so I'll just do a sum up of last issue since I didn't talk about it. No real spoilers for either book.


Forever Evil #4: There's not much to say about this one but this is far better than the previous issues. Things actually happen and potential betrayals are being set up. But the team that's supposed to save the day still isn't fully formed yet. If nothing else this book could do with a much faster pace because the slowness is the biggest downfall.

Scribblenauts Unmasked A Crisis of Imagination #1: I think this is a ongoing at present but I'm not 100% sure. This is based on the video game I've talked about which requires you to be creative. Taking place after said game it contains a few spoilers but regardless it's something I think would be easy for anyone to get into. The characters are explained, the art is cute and it even has some comic based humor in the mix. It addressed one of the concerns I had for a certain character acting as one of the bad guys by hinting that something else is going on. If there's one flaw it had (besides not using certain characters ahem) it was that most of the heroes the stars Maxwell and Lily encounter don't really do anything but act as part of the background. Not a bad read but I'm not sure if I'll keep with it. If nothing else I'll at least check out the next issue so I have something good to read for the week.


As for Red Hood and the Outlaws it's become a chore to read it so I'll get to it at some point.

No comments:

Post a Comment