Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Justice League International #10

SPOILERS AHEAD

I guess I missed some of the story with the team fighting in Firestorm (maybe something with OMAC too?) There's not much for me to say here but I'm just not feeling this last arc. I did like this issue more than the last one but something is off. It could do with the fact I already know this series is wrapping up with no plans for most of these guys in sight. But I think the whole OMAC add on feels like it was forced in. Mari is up, although she might not walk again she still believes in JLI and (unknowingly?) inspires David saying someone needs to take her place.

I like the idea of Booster/Godiva but that really was awkward. They were thinking about kissing over a fallen teammate in a coma?

This team sure gets knocked around A LOT. I do like how they used Guy/Booster against each other/their teammates though. Not looking forward to the end.

Questions Raised?: What's Jurgens next project? He's off this book and Superman.

Say What?: How did Godiva know Boosters' real name was Michael? It was never mentioned on panel and I assumed his "offical" name in this time was Booster Gold, just like his first series.

2 comments:

  1. I liked this, and I'm going to miss it. I really don't have a clue as to how they are going to end it, but I know how I would like for it to end! With Guy and Tora and Bea sharing and apartment, and Booster waking up to see Ted in the Shower, and Gavril saying "Fooled you!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think certain writers (know can guess which ones) killed my interest in seeing Ted with Booster anytime soon. I'd like to see both as more than part of a duo.

    Gavril is in the shower with Ted? Huh, didn't see that one coming. I kid, I kid.

    ReplyDelete