Monday, March 19, 2012

30 Day Comic Book Challenge: Day 12

Day 12 - A comic everyone should read.

Scott Pilgram. Well I don't think a lot of people will get it unless they played video games but this was a blast to read. Very witty and heartfelt. It deals with two characters who want to escape their pasts and through numerous mistakes have to find a way to deal with it to accept themselves. It can be completely off the wall at points, a little meta, but the insanity of it helps make it fun. Ex: with all the random fights (the evil exs being bosses) no law enforcement EVER shows up. Well there was something kinda close but that's played off for laughs. What impressed me was a couple of throw away lines or scenes you first read one way come together explaining events in a way that makes sense.

1 comment:

  1. So I think right now we already know my answer. I loved Starman. To the point if they brought it back who knows I may start my own blog. LOL

    After that I fall into the everyone should probably read the Watchmen group. I honestly wish that this had been required reading in high school. It would probably get more students interested in reading in general. I agree that Scott Pilgram was fantastic. I would also say that if someone can the read the Swampthing Alan Moore issues.

    ReplyDelete