Monday, August 8, 2011

DCs' "Pants Rule" extended towards male heroes?


According to Red Hood and the Outlaws #3 cover Jason Todds' Robin costume has been retconned. The biggest change is that he has pants. This of course calls into question if Dicks' costume is different, if the iconic case costume changes (I bet you that some artist will forget it changed) or if the boys still shared the same outfit. Something that was part of Jasons' hurt in regards to Bruce favoring Dick. (He also told Jason that he wasn't good enough to be as agile as Dick to the point Alfred had to tell Bats that he was giving the kid an inferior complex.) Granted Jason technically had his own costume pre-crisis but that doesn't work as well as this one. I like the touch of him having a red mask too. 

As for the other two on this cover: wasn't Korys' slave outfit what she used as her costume in NTT? I thought it was said that Roy wasn't on drugs or was that a misquote? Granted I thought he didn't look like he was suffering through withdraw in the "Speedy is a junkie" story. 

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, that I am avoiding this particular book. I like Roy, but I really can't stand Jason.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all the characters. Yeah Jason can be written bad but I like him from his Robin days and most of the Red Hood Winick stories.

    ReplyDelete